Booking Terms and Conditions
Adventure Thamserku Treks & Expeditions (P.) Ltd.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Adventure Thamserku Treks & Expeditions Pvt. Ltd. (hereafter called Adventure Thamserku) has promulgated its terms and conditions for all its trips – trekking, mountaineering, hiking, rafting, wildlife safaris, mountain biking – and any other services operated by the company.
Before completing the Booking Form and signing the declaration, please read these terms and conditions carefully. They set out your agreement with Adventure Thamserku and contain important information.
- At the time of booking and completing your form a non-refundable deposit of $US 350 per person is payable. The balance of the trip is to be paid in full at least 40 days prior to departure. At least two weeks prior to departure, we require the booking form and a photocopy of your passport, so we can start processing all the logistics.
- Reservations can be accepted as late as two weeks before departure but full payment must accompany the booking form. Earlier bookings are strongly advised.
Adventure Thamserku operates trips in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, food, medical facilities and other infrastructure may be lower than those you normally expect. Please keep in mind that Nepal is a third-world country, and bear the above in mind when making your booking,
Travelling with Adventure Thamserku requires a certain measure of flexibility, good humour, and an understanding that the itinerary, accommodation and modes of transport may be changed without notice, due to circumstances beyond Adventure Thamserku’s control. By signing the Booking Form you agree to Adventure Thamserku making such necessary changes without liability.
FORCE MAJEURE/ACTS OF GOD POLICIES
In the areas that Adventure Thamserku serves, flight and other transportation maybe be delayed or cancelled for your safety. This could be for reasons of such as dangerous flying weather, dangerous trekking/climbing conditions (e.g. having to waiting out a storm on one of the legs of our trip or on an ascent), civil strife,unsafe snow or ice conditions on higher altitude trips or other unforeseen events. In these events, the following standard “Force Majeure” or “Act of God” policies apply. These policies are standard in the industry and you will find that all agencies like ours have them.
- In the event of flights, or any other transport methods that are cancelled or delayed due to poor weather, landslides, civil strife, other acts of god, or any circumstances beyond our control, clients are 100% responsible for the additional accommodations, transport, meals, or other expenses that result from such unexpected delays at the location where we must wait.
- Additionally, there are no refunds for any lost reservations at accommodation, or facilities, at the destination location.
- Adventure Thamserku covers only the lost staff wages (e.g. porters waiting on the other end) from such delays beyond our control.
- This is one reason we strongly recommend to our clients to purchase recommend travel insurance, as described below.
LIABILITY & ADVENTURE THAMSERKU’S RESPONSIBILITIES
Where Adventure Thamserku provides a service it will do so with due care and skill. Adventure Thamserku is not responsible for the acts and omissions of others, including airlines, accommodation providers nor are we responsible for any loss, damage or expense (including loss of money paid in advance) which you may incur as a consequence of the acts and omissions of others.
Adventure Thamserku will not accept responsibility or liability for any passenger who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited within the confines of the trip. Any independent arrangements that you make are entirely at your own risk.
‘Force Majeure’ means any event which Adventure Thamserku could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Force Majeure covers events such as war or the threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, earthquake and other natural calamities and any other similar events which are beyond our control. In the case of Force Majeure, Adventure Thamserku will not accept liability, and reserves the right to change and cancel trips at their discretion.
CANCELLATION COSTS INCURRED BY CLIENT
Cancellation by the participant:
- No refunds will be made for any unused services, accommodation etc. once the trip has started.
- If a client decides to leave a trip before its completion, no refund will be given for the unused portion of the trip.
- If a client wishes to extend the duration of a trip after the trip has started, this may be possible but payment will need to be made prior to this taking place.
- In Kathmandu, Adventure Thamserku clients will be accommodated at the Hotel Tibet International. During the trip clients are required to stay at the hotel or lodge chosen by Adventure Thamserku. If a client wishes to stay elsewhere, they will have to bear the cost of accommodation and food in the alternative lodge/hotel themselves.
- If a client prefers to stay in a different hotel in Kathmandu this could be possible but it would have to be negotiated when the booking and final payment is made.
CANCELLATION BY ADVENTURE THAMSERKU
In the event of Adventure Thamserku cancelling a trip before it begins as a result of a Force Majeure or government travel advice clients will be offered alternative arrangements. If you agree to the alternative, and the price of the alternative booking is less than the original booking, we will refund the difference. If you do not accept alternative arrangements, we will refund all payments (less transaction fees). However Adventure Thamserku will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
In case in the middle of a trip, if the trip cancellation by the company occurs due to Force Majeure, governments restriction for safety measures against any natural disasters like earthquake, avalanche, etc. the company will not be liable for such unforeseen conditions and the company will provide no refund for the unused proportion of the trip.
TRIP COST & INCLUSIONS
All rates for trips in Nepal are quoted for a single person on a double occupancy basis. Trips require a minimum of 2 people to operate. Prices include internal transportation, porters, guides, accommodation and all meals whilst on the trek. Prices quoted also include accommodation and breakfast at the hotel in Kathmandu, airport transfers, a half day sightseeing tour and Adventure Thamserku trek pack. (Down sleeping bags + inner sheet, Down jackets, Kit bags, trekking Map for all trips and additional Ice Axe, Crampon, Harness, Carabineers, Prussic loops for climbing trips. The rates quoted on our website are based on costs and exchange rates at the time of last site update. They are also reviewed in June each year. Adventure Thamserku reserves the right to adjust these prices should unforeseen fluctuations in exchange rates and economy (etc) necessitate this. To guarantee the price will not change after a booking is made, early payment is an option.
If you have any complaint that cannot be dealt with immediately with your tour leader, or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 10 days of the completion of your trip. We will do our best to resolve the problem.
HOW TO BOOK
Please make contact with Adventure Thamserku first either by email, telephone or post, to check that the trip you have selected is running and confirm dates and cost, etc. Email is the preferred mode of contact.
Please read the Booking Information carefully
When you are ready to book:
- Obtain the booking form.(www.adventurethamserku.com/booking-form)
- Make your deposit of $US 350 per person using the banking details below.
- If it is already within 40 days of trip departure, please pay the full trip cost.
- Fill out and submit us the online booking form.
- Include the bank transaction reference of money you have paid.
- You will receive (by email) a receipt and invoice for any outstanding balance.
- Pay the balance in the same way at least 40 days prior to departure.
- Email us the date and transaction details.
- Also email us a photocopy of the operative page of your passport. (Please note that your passport will need at least six months’ validity remaining from the date when you intend to leave the country at the end of your trip)
- You will receive (by email) a receipt for this payment, plus a copy of the detailed itinerary notes for the trek you have selected
You can pay us either by
1. Transferring money to our bank account via online
2. Wire transfer to company’s business account number, which will be provided through email
3. Pay by credit card