Mt. Cho Oyu Expedition (8,201m.)
The great bastion of Cho Oyu(8,201m.) stands astride the Nepal/Tibet border, just 70 kilometres west of Everest. It is the world’s sixth highest mountain and of the fourteen 8,000 metre peaks, it is regarded as one of the most straightforward to climb. The normal route ascends the north-west face from the Tibetan side of the Nangpa La, the old trading route to Nepal . This will be our route of ascent.
According to Lamas (Buddist Monk), ‘Cho’ is the sacred test whereas ‘Oyu’ is the Sherpa word for turquoise. A turquoise is a blue or greenish-blue precious stone. Thus the ‘Cho-Oyu’ is known as goddess of turquoise. Its towering peak stands with Everest well above the surrounding mountains.
- Day 01-02 Arrival Kathmandu (1,340m); Expedition preparations
- Day 03 Drive to Kodari; cross border; drive to Nayalam
- Day 04 In Nayalam (3400m), acclimatization
- Day 05-06 Drive to Tingri, rest a day for acclimatization
- Day 07- 09 Drive to Chinese base camp (4,800m); rest and acclimatization
- Day 10-12 Trek to Advanced Base Camp (5,700m)
- Day 13 – 35 Climbing period to summit Cho-Oyu
- Camp 1, Camp 2, Camp 3, Summit
- Day 36 Trek from ABC to Chinese BC
- Day 37 Drive to Nayalam
- Day 38 Cross border; Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 39 Free day & Evening celebration meal
- Day 40 International departures to home
PLEASE NOTE: The above itinerary is flexible programme, but is intended to give an indication of the likely events during the expedition. It will be necessary to have a flexible plan in order to take the best advantage of situations as they present themselves during expeditions. Any changes to the itinerary will be made with a view to maximize the benefit to the team members and of ensuring their eventual success on the mountains.
- Peak permit fee & travel permit
- Group Chinese visa fee
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Ktm on the BB basis
- Chinese custom clearances
- Border transportation by private bus/jeep.
- Transportation Zhangmu – BC- Zhangmu
- Tibet side accommodation en route on full board basis
- Yaks BC – ABC- BC ( personal baggage allowed up to 40 Kgs)
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- One head Sardar
- Cooks and kitchen boys.
- Climbing Sherpa (1 sherpa per 2 members)
- All necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes, all necessary camping and kitchen gears.
- Tent at BC & ABC with mattress.
- Dinning Tent, Store & Communication Tents with gas heaters
- Comfortable wooden Toilet & Shower tent at BC.
- All meals & drinks at BC and ABC
- High altitude foods
- High Altitude tents.
- Sleeping bags for BC/ABC purpose
- Necessary number of EPI gas with burner
- Solar panel or generator for power supply
- Portable Altitude Chamber & oxygen with mask set for medical purpose
- Insurance of climbing Sherpa and local team members
- All airport transfer & KTM city sightseeing.
- Nepal entry & re- entry visa fees
- Personal climbing gears
- Medical and personal insurance.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
- Major meals in KTM
- Personal Natures expenses.
- Tips & Summit bonus
- International Flights & departure taxes