Mt. Lhakpa Ri Expedition (7,045m.)
Lhakpa Ri [7,045m./23,000ft.] is an attractive peak, which divides the upper East Rongbuk glacier and upper Kharta glacier. It is close enough to Everest to feel the enormous power and character of the world’s highest mountain, but is set far enough back to appreciate the true geometric perspective of this great peak.
The summit view from Lhakpa Ri rivals that from many of the world’s greatest mountains. It gives very unusual views of some of the world’s best known mountains and excellent views of some very little known mountains. Amongst the highlights are the Nyonno Ri range in eastern Tibet , the north face of Chomolonzo and the north faces of Makalu and Pethangtse. You can also see the beautiful and little known peak of Shartse and the frightening Kangshung (east) face of Everest and the magnificent east face of Lhotse. There is an unrivalled view of the north east ridge of Everest, the North Col , Changtse, Cho Oyu and Shishapangma. You also have a chance to grasp the immensity of the Tibetan plateau as you can see hundreds of miles across the wildest of landscapes.
This peak is considered as the most attainable 7000 meter peak in world, the ascent can be accomplished by anyone who is a fit, well acclimatized and highly motivated trekker.
On the summit day you will be required to walk up a snow slope wearing crampons and using an ice axe but during the trip from base camp to Lhakpa Ri we will have had plenty of opportunities to practice basic snow and ice travel. Those, who wish to acquire the techniques for correct glacier travel, will have plenty of opportunity to do so. The last 30m/100ft to the true summit is quite exposed but very easy and it will be safeguarded by fixed rope, which will prevent you from falling.
- Day 01 Arrival Kathmandu Transfer to Hotel
- Day 02 Sightseeing and preparation in Kathmandu
- Day 03 Fly Kathmandu (1400m) – Lhasa (3660m)
- Day 04-05 Sightseeing in Lhasa (3660m)
- Day 06 Free in Lhasa (3660m)
- Day 07 Drive Lhasa – Shigatse (3900m).
- Day 08 Drive Shigatse – Xegar (4050m)
- Day 09 Drive Xegar – Rongbuk (5000m)
- Day 10 Trek to Everest Base Camp (5200m)
- Day 11 Rest and acclimatization
- Day 12 Trek to Interim Camp (5760m)
- Day 13-14 Rest day at Interim Camp (5760m)
- Day 15 Trek to Camp 2 (5970m).
- Day 16 Trek to Camp 3 (6400m).
- Day 17-23 Acclimatization and Climbing
- Day 24 Base Camp (5200m)
- Day 25 Drive to Tingri
- Day 26 Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 27 Trip ends.
PLEASE NOTE: The above itinerary is flexible programme, but is intended to give an indication of the likely events during the expedition. It will be necessary to have a flexible plan in order to take the best advantage of situations as they present themselves during expeditions. Any changes to the itinerary will be made with a view to maximize the benefit to the team members and of ensuring their eventual success on the mountains.
- Peak permit fee & travel permit
- Group Chinese visa
- 4 nights in Kathmandu on twin sharing BB basis
- Chinese custom clearances
- Border transport by private bus.
- Jeep to and from BC
- Hotel accommodation en route on full board basis
- Yaks BC-ABC-BC to carry the loads (personal baggage allow 40 KG only)
- Liaison officer & Chinese interpreter
- One head Sardar/Guide
- Cooks and kitchen boys.
- Climbing Sherpa (1 sherpa per 2 Clients)
- All necessary camping and kitchen gears.
- Private tent at base camp with mattress, normally two men tents
- Store tent & communication tent at the base camp
- Group dinning tent & shower tents
- All meals & drinks at base camp and en-route
- High altitude food
- High quality high Altitude tents.
- Climbing hardware gears including fixed rope and snow bars
- Necessary number of EPI gas with burner
- Solar panel or generator at base camp for power supply
- Portable Altitude Chamber & oxygen with mask set for medical purpose at base camp
- Insurance of climbing Sherpa and local team members
- All airport transport
- Medical and personal high risk insurance
- Nepal entry & re entry visa fee
- Personal climbing gears.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
- KTM to Lhasa one way air fare
- 3 nights 4 days Lhasa city tour with private transport
- Tour Guide
- All the monasteries entrance fees
- International Flights & Departure taxes