Mt. Shisha Pangma Expedition(8,012m.)
Shisha Pangma , rising 8,012m above sea level at 85.7 degree E and 28.3 degree N, is located in central Himalaya and lies totally inside the Tibet . It is the 14 th highest peak in the world. A straight forward climb and not technically demanding, an excellent mountain for climbers wanting to scale their first 8,000m. Peak with out taking much risk.
Mt Shishapangma, (8012) “the range above the grassy plain” was first climbed by the Chinese in 1964. There are three distinct climbing routes on the Southwest face with several other logical possibilities on the West Ridge and East face.
- Day 01-02 Arrival Kathmandu; Necessary Expedition preparations
- Day 03 Drive to Kodari; cross border & continue drive to Nayalam
- Day 04 In Nayalam, acclimatization
- Day 05-06 Rest a day for acclimatization
- Day 07- 09 Drive to Chinese base camp; rest and acclimatization
- Day 10-12 Trek to Advanced Base Camp
- Day 13 – 35 Climbing period to summit Shishapangma
- Camp 1, Camp 2, Camp 3, Summit
- Day 36 Trek from ABC to Chinese BC
- Day 37 Drive to Nayalam
- Day 38 Cross border & drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 39 Free day & evening celebration meal
- Day 40 International departures to home
PLEASE NOTE: The above itinerary is flexible programme, but is intended to give an indication of the likely events during the expedition. It will be necessary to have a flexible plan in order to take the best advantage of situations as they present themselves during expeditions. Any changes to the itinerary will be made with a view to maximize the benefit to the team members and of ensuring their eventual success on the mountains.
- Peak permit fee & travel permit
- Group Chinese visa fee
- 5 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Chinese custom clearances
- Border transport by private bus/jeep.
- Jeep to & from Base camp
- Tibet side hotel accommodation en route on full board basis
- Yaks BC-ABC-BC (personal baggage allow 40 KG only)
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- One head Sardar/Guide
- Cooks and kitchen boys.
- Climbing Sherpa (1 sherpa per 2 members)
- All necessary camping and kitchen gears.
- Private tent at Base camp & ABC with mattress
- Sleeping bags for BC/ABC purpose
- Group dinning tent, shower tents
- Confortable wooden toilet tent at BC & toilet tent as ABC
- All meals & drinks at Base camp and Advance base camp
- Quality high altitude food for the higher camps
- High quality high Altitude tents.
- Storage & communication tent
- Gas heater for heating purpose
- Climbing hardware gears including fixed rope and snow bars etc.
- Necessary number of EPI gases with burners
- Solar panel or generator for power supply purpose
- Portable Altitude Chamber & oxygen with mask set for medical purpose
- Insurance of climbing Sherpa and local team members
- KTM city day tour before the expedition
- All airport transport
- Nepal entry & re entry visa fees
- Personal climbing gears
- Personal natures expenses
- Medical and personal insurance.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
- Oxygen for climbing
- Extra Climbing Sherpa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Cost of electronic appliances.
- Crew Tips
- International Flights & Departure taxes